Wednesday, July 3

animals…


After winning The Male Room Challenge I was asked to be..

That is why you see my latest creation here using a technique that is newer to me.
The base card is brown card stock with a layer of darker brown card stock.
I made a Distress ink background and dried it thoroughly.
Next I stamped, using images from Tim Holtz :
Bird Crazy
Crazy Cats
Winter Watercolor
Winter Watercolor 2
These I colored using Distress water color pencils and a water color brush.
On more dark brown card stock I stamped the sentiment, Tim Holtz “Monster Reunion” set, using Hero Arts unicorn ink.
This I trimmed down and foam taped to the card front.

What is your newest or favorite way to create?
How about pulling out some animal stamps or dies and join us in this Male Room Challenge!







5 comments:

  1. A great card, and the two creatures are perfectly paired with the sentiment :) Love your inky background!!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely fabulous card, love the bird and cat, with a great sentiment. Thanks for being our GDT this month with this wonderful card. Faith DT TMR

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great background, animals and sentiment - love it!

    Thanks so much for being our Guest Designer this month at The Male Room Challenge.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this Arlene - reminds me to get these stamps out and have another play with them. I love the colours you've used for that gorgeous background - gives the card a very rich colouring especially with that pop of blue. Congratulations on being our Guest Designer this month at The Male Room challenge

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an awesome card, very masculine and fun, loving the images and perfect sentiment with the great background. Thank you for beeing our GDT at the Male Room this month.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your patience while I moderate the comments!