Saturday, November 5

happy holidays…


I am so excited to be guest designing for Send A Smile 4 Kids!
They let me choose which month and I chose November as I had just gotten the perfect stamp set from Lawn Fawn.
The base card is red gingham card stock with a black card stock panel.
Next came a white card stock panel and then a piece of white card stock die cut with a die from My Favorite Things “Stitched Arch STAX” and trimmed to fit the white panel.
This I stamped with a sentiment from Lawn Fawn “Ugly and Bright” .
So excited to finally have an ugly sweater set!
This I foam taped to the card front.
On more white card stock I stamped the reindeer and sweaters from the same set with my new found favorite ink to use with Copic markers, Lawn Fawn jet black.
It really is alcohol marker friendly.
Once colored with the Copics I trimmed them out and glued on the sweaters.
These I foam taped to the card front.
To finish I stamped the speech bubble and sentiment, which IS the challenge, to the card front.

This group is a wonderful way to share your cards for charity.
I send out a bunch even now and then for them to use.
How about joining in?
Try your hand at a Happy Holiday card for your chance to guest design or start on a pile for sending to them in the future!

3 comments:

  1. Hi, Arlene! These are the cutest ugly-sweater-wearing reindeer I've ever seen. Lawn Fawn's critters are always so adorable, aren't they?! And I can see why you just had to choose November as your month to craft with us at SAS4Kids. Thank you so much for accepting our invitation to join us as a Guest Designer and, of course, for all your do for SAS4Kids. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Arlene, I'm so glad you are joining us this month...welcome! Your card is so stinking cute! Love the plaid and those adorable reindeer in their holiday sweaters!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cutie Arlene - those wee reindeer certainly look cozy in their ungly sweaters
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your patience while I moderate the comments!