Saturday, August 13

finding leaves in the woods…

and

The plaid paper I chose for this card just reminds me of a wonderful flannel shirt!
The base card is black card stock with a layer of the patterned paper.
\Using more patterned paper I die cut the leaves using Tim Holtz “Leaf Fragments Dies”.
On light grey card stock I stamped the sentiment from Paper Smooches “Happy Travels” with VersaFine onyx black ink, cut it out with a die from My Favorite Things “Slanted Sentiment Strips”, antiqued it with a little brown ink and taped it to the card front.
To finish I applied the leaves with black foam squares.

9 comments:

  1. A wonderful card Arlene - love those leaves, and against the plaid they look decidedly autumnal!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so love your vintage take on our color combo!! The mixture of the newsprint papers and the plaid...perfection!! Thanks for playing along with our color challenge over at Sunday Stamps!! Your card would also be a great entry for the distress + grunge challenge over at Cardz 4 Guyz!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Arlene, this looks amazing! Love the sheen on those distressed leaves, such a great look! And perfect sentiment - so fun! Thanks so much for playing at Sunday Stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yippie...glad you added your card to our challenge over at Cardz 4 Guyz!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love those leaves and the papers you chose, a nice fall look and also perfectly made for our distressed challenge! Thanks for joining us at Cardz 4 Guys.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great card! I love the flannel and fall vibes! Thank you for joining us at Sunday Stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this card! The plaid background is just perfect and those leaves are fabulous! Nothing like a walk in the woods! SO happy you joined us at Sunday Stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the plaid background, and the texture in your leaves adds lots of interest. I love the weathered look for fall. Thanks for joining Sunday Stamps this week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic Male card. Reflects both distress and grunge from your choice of color and palid paper die-cut leaves. So glad you joined us at C4G this round. Hope to see you again. Cheers, Jolanda - DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your patience while I moderate the comments!