Sunday, June 26

be gentle…


This is why I love challenges.
I have been wanting to color some Tim Holtz flowers with Distress Oxides for ages and just didn’t do it, but today was the day.
The base card is kraft card stock.
Using Tim Holtz “Doily” die I cut one from cream card stock and aged it with Distress Oxide frayed burlap ink.
I cut it in half and glued it to the front of the base card.
With white card stock I die cut the flowers with a die from Tim Holtz “Wildflower Stems #1” and colored it with Distress Oxides wild honey, antique linen and peeled paint.
This I also glued to the card front.
To finish I stamped the sentiment from Waffle Flower “Tender Thoughts” using the frayed burlap oxide ink.


4 comments:

  1. Beautiful result Arlene - love the grungy look of the doily contrasted with the fresh coloured flower
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. This has such a lovely simple organic feel with the natural tones and soft shading Arlene. Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week. Kim

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful card Arlene. Love that doily behind your flower on that craft card stock. Great combination of elements. Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink. Tristan DT.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a sweet sentiment - a lovely uplifting card. Chantell Just Add Ink

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your patience while I moderate the comments!