Friday, May 20

coffee winnings…


Recently their was a Blog Hop on Coffee Loving Card Makers and I was lucky enough to win a $25.00 code to use at Reverse Confetti.
After watching a video by Jennifer McGuire I had my eyes on one of their large dies.
My winnings paid for it so I am using that as the “free” part of my card.
The base card is cream card stock with flecks of brown.
On water color paper I made a background with Ken Oliver Color Burst burnt umber.
while that dried I used or of the cream card stock and the die to cut out the front piece.
These I glued to the base card after trimming off part of the water color paper.
With the extra bits of water colored paper and sentiments from one of the stamp sets I purchased during the hop, Dare 2B Artsy “Bistro”, I stamped them with sentiments using Versamark ink and heat embossed them with white embossing powder.
These I foam taped to the card front.


3 comments:

  1. I love this card, congrats on winning some crafting dollars, it is always fun to spend :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a stunning card Arlene - loving the brown background and the fun sentiment together.
    I find now that I end up spending so much on postage, and also taxes at the border, that is it almost not worth winning anything :(. I think I will gift my last voucher to a friend in the U.S.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a decoraive background in coffee themed colors and a fun sentiment, one I totally agree with too. Thanks for sharing with us at INKspirational

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your patience while I moderate the comments!