Thursday, March 24

lightening bugs…


It’s way too early for lightening bugs around my house but maybe they are somewhere.
The base card is peach card stock with a layer of black card stock and then one of patterned bug paper from American Crafts “Twilight One Canoe Two” paper pack.
I trimmed another piece of peach card stock to match the sketch and stamped it with a free stamp from Lawn Fawn using Versafine onyx black ink.
On a matching grey card stock I stamped the bugs from Lawn Fawn “Little Fireflies” with Memento tuxedo black ink and colored them with Copic markers.
Next I applied Wink of Stella gloss clear to the lights.
Once dry I cut them out and applied them with foam squares to the card front.

6 comments:

  1. Love your card! Where I live we don't see lightening bugs but I remember seeing them for the first time many years ago! They are like magic, we all need a little magic to believe in.
    Thanks for sharing your card with Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge.
    Patty S, Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely card! It's always fun to see lightening bugs - sometimes when we are camping. I've seen them more often on east coast. I really like the peach and black together. Thank you so much for sharing your project with us at Atlantic hearts Sketch Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful card Arlene - loving the wee lightening bugs and the fabulous paper that you ahve been able to use
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute, cute, cute! This is such a happy card! Thanks for playing along with Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge this week. Please join us again soon!
    :) Marie
    AHSC DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun, pretty card. I love the lightning bug patterned paper you included--it helps me think of summer. Thank you so much for joining us at the Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge and hope you can join us again soon.
    Anna, Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable, those bees are adorable! What a fabulous card, I love it! Thanks for playing along with Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge (AHSC).

    Brandi R.
    DT member AHSC
    crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your patience while I moderate the comments!