Saturday, March 26

ants go marching one by one…


A few years ago when my granddaughter was here while her parents worked we started watching kids songs on my iPad!
This one sticks in my mind still…


That inspired my card today.
The card is white card stock.
I cut some low tack tape with a die from Lawn Fawn “Simple Stitched Hillside Borders” to use as masks for the stenciling on the bottom of the card.
To get the ran effect I used Distress Oxide blueprint sketch with Distress stencil brushes swiping down from the tape.
To get the grassy effect I stenciled with Distress Oxide crushed olive ink then colored with a green colored pencil.
To get the hole for the ants to get out of the rain I drew a bit of brown pencil.
Using the ants from Lawn Fawn “Happy Summer” I stamped the ants with Versafine onyx black ink.
To finish I stamped the sentiment with the same ink and used Lawn Fawn “Milo’s ABCs” stamps to spell it out.

4 comments:

  1. This is such a fun card Arlene. I love how you have made it look as though it is raining. That is genius!
    I once bought some ant stickers, and had a trail of ants on my fridge door... not everyone in the house appreciated my humour!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute! I love the layout so much, it is so creative! Thank you so much for playing the Lawn Fawnatics Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. aw!! such a cool song!! love that it inspired your card! and love those sweet ants! thank you so much for playing along with the Lawn Fawnatics Challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your patience while I moderate the comments!