Friday, February 18

bearded birthday…


Do you buy stamp kits, make a couple cards, then put it away?
That’s what happened with this set from Simon Says Stamp kist “Gnome for the Holidays”.
Especially the patterned paper that comes with the kits but I pulled it out and found a way to use it.
I ran across a card challenge on Facebook called “Kendra’s Card Challenge”.
It takes 6”x6” papers to make cards.
I cut a bunch of the suggested cuttings and started to play.
I needed male cards so I stuck with the “outdoorsy” look!
I used the papers from the kit with red and white card stock.
I colored three enamel dots with Copic 110 ink.
The sentiment from MFT Stamps “Essential Sentiments” was stamped with Versamark ink and heat embossed with white embossing powder.


3 comments:

  1. What a great result Arlene - awesome use of the papers, and I think the red card base is perfect.
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. That a fabulous masculine card, Arlene ! I always struggle with masculine card and using different PP as you did is a great idea. Thanks so much for sharing and for playing along at ATSM.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this masculine design, Arlene and the papers look great with this layout. Well done for colouring your enamel dots - we've got to make use of all our stash!
    Thanks for sharing with us at ATSM and I hope you will join us again soon.
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your patience while I moderate the comments!