Monday, January 10

a lonely cardinal…


 My cream is a bit more yellow than the one in the chart!
The base card is cream linen card stock.
On another piece of the card stock I dabbed the Versamark cube through Newton’s Nook Designs “Evergreens Stencil” and heat embossed it with clear embossing powder.
Next I brushed the piece with Distress ink hickory smoke.
This I trimmed dow and applied to the base card.
On more of the cream card stock I stamped the cardinal and branch from Newton’s Nook Designs “Winter Birds” using Memento tuxedo black ink.
Once the ink was dry I brushed the bird, masking the beak, with Distress ink candied apple and the branch with gathered twigs.
To finish I cut them out and applied them to the card front with glue dots.




4 comments:

  1. love this Arlene - the embossed tress are wonderful, and the pop of red against them is really eye catching
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is beautiful! I love seeing cardinals in the snowy trees. Just gorgeous! Thank you so much for joining us at the Inky Paws Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a striking card with that bold red cardinal!Thanks for playing along at Inky Paws!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I love your simple,yet bold, design! Fabulously done! So glad you shared this with us at Inky Paws!
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your patience while I moderate the comments!