Monday, November 8

still playing with the pencil backgrounds…


Funny thing, I just finished watching Holiday Baking on Food Network and they asked for marzipan critters on their yule logs.
Inspiration!
On a white card stock base card I stamped the image from Unity Stamp Co “Foxy Christmas” with Memento tuxedo black ink.
Using a circle stencil I drew around the image with my #9 pencils then filled in with it before drawing in the pine trees.
With the small eraser I removed some for the moon and snow on the trees.
To finish I stamped the sentiment from the set with the same ink.

4 comments:

  1. Your critters are amazing and I love your mountains in the background! Stunning card! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CAS Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those Christmas critters, your little foxes are adorable and love you pencil background. thanks for joining us at CAS Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this is so beautiful, Arlene! The foxes are so adorable. I love the wonderful contrast between shadows and highlights you created with your pencil! Thank you so much for sharing this beauty with us at CAS Christmas!
    Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely scene you created Arlene - with your stamping and sketching - so pretty in the circle shape! Thanks for joining us at CAS Christmas!xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your patience while I moderate the comments!