Monday, October 11

the headless Hessian…

and

This is my last card for my Halloween mad son for this year.
I have a few held back but this is the last I will make for this year.
He loves the headless horseman so when I saw this Tim Holtz die I knew it was one i needed!
The base card is black card stock.
On white card stock I stenciled with masks from Tim Holtz “Moon Mask”using Distress Oxide hickory smoke and antique linen.
I also made ground with Distress Oxide rustic wilderness and MFT “Watercolor Wash” stencil.
Next I made a night sky with Distress oxide hickory smoke, prize ribbon and black soot inks.
To finish I die cut a piece of vellum with a die from Tim Holtz “Merry Moose” and using Distress oxide black soot ink I stenciled the trees.
This I applied to the base card.
With thicker white card stock I die cut the pieces of Tim Holtz “Pumpkinhead, Colorize set and trimmed them down to match the actual Hessian soldier uniform.
Using Distress inks to color the pieces I used prize ribbon, black soot, aged mahogany, spiced marmalade, crackling campfire, gathered twigs, crushed olive, fossilized amber and antique linen.
I glued them all together then glued the soldier to the card  and foam taping the pumpkin.






2 comments:

  1. WOW! Fabulous coloring and design! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at the Two Old Bats Halloween challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back each month. Remember, if we have 50+ entries, we will give a PRIZE.

    Darlene
    TWO OLD BATS HALLOWEEN CHALLENGE
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
    Please stop in for a visit!


    ReplyDelete
  2. Eeeek!! Fabulously spooky card! Remember we are a year round Halloween challenge so if the mood grabs you , you can join us for Halloween year round! Thank you for joining our Two Old Bats challenge!
    Diane TOB DT {Nellies Nest}

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your patience while I moderate the comments!