Friday, September 24

watercolor sunflowers…

and

There was this wonderful farmer in my life that grew sunflowers for the seeds for the birds!
He has been gone a long time now but I am reminded of him every year when the sunflowers bob their heads full of seed.
Continuing with the Hero Arts September kit I stamped the sunflowers on watercolor paper with MFT insulation pink ink and watercolored it with Distress inks fossilized amber, mustard seed, peeled paint, ground espresso and gathered twigs.
While that dried I cut a white card stock base card and layered it with two tones of textured brown card stock.
From one another piece of the textured brown card stock I die cut the thanks from the set three times and glued them together.
With the dry flowers I used the coordinating die from the set and cut them out to foam taped to the card front.
To finish I glued the sentiment to the front.




4 comments:

  1. Well, you did warn me that you had another stunner with those flowers coming up. So, wow--this one is gorgeous too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another absolutely stunning card Arlene - the sunflowers look beautiful in the golds as well
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH! How very beautiful and a lovely happy card. I love the large sentiment on the flowers. Thank you so much for joining us in our Natures Bounty challenge at The Male Room Good Luck and I hope you will join us in our next challenge.
    Faith DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your sunflowers are so big, bold, beautiful and happy! They are sure to send sunshine and smiles when they arrive at their destination! Love it! Thanks so much for joining us at HLS Watercolour Challenge this month! Stay safe! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your patience while I moderate the comments!