Friday, September 24

a quick and easy colorful card…

and

The September Hero Arts Monthly set just spoke to me.
I love sunflowers but I thought how many different cards I could make with the layering stencil, stamps and dies from this set!
I chose colors from the Color Dare Color Challenge for my simple, one layer card!
I placed my white card stock base card in my Tim Holtz stamping platform with Sizzix sticky grid to hold it away from the edge of the platform.
I applied the stencils using the platform to hold two sides then stenciled each one with the following Distress inks…
Candied apple
Peeled paint
Crackling campfire
Spiced marmalade
Fossilized amber
To finish I stamped the sentiment from the set with Memento rich cocoa ink, all colors from the photo.








9 comments:

  1. Your card is stunning, and has made me so regretful that I did not get that Hero Arts kit. Thanks so much for playing along at Time Out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous - love that collection of sunflowers! Thanks for sharing with us at Colour Dare :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Arlene I do love this richly coloured collection of sunflowers - they are stunning!!
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  4. You used all in such a beautiful way! I do to love sunflowers and these look like they come fresh from your garden... Thank you for joining us at TIME OUT!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card... great personalized stamping... the sunflowers are so bright and cheery. Thanks for sharing with us at Color Dare.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a lovely glow - your card is beautiful! Thank you for joining us at Color My Heart Color Dare #463.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sunflowers are such cheerful flowers. Lovely card! Thank you for joining us at Color Dare.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card!
    Thank you for sharing with Color My Heart Color Dare!
    Susan
    Color Dare Challenges
    Calling All Crafters! – My Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful coloring of the flowers!! Thanks for sharing with Color Dare.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your patience while I moderate the comments!