Monday, August 16

quick watercolor…


Penny Black floral stamps are just fantastic for this technique!
They give a true watercolor effect.
I started with a watercolor type cream card stock.
Using Penny Black’s “Blossom Branch “ I colored some of the leaves first using Arteza watercolor markers.
Then spritzed the stamp and stamped it, it was made easier having it in my Tim Holtz stamping platform.
I continued to do this with all the pieces of the image until I got what I liked.
Here’s a different version…
The best part is tat you can make the image fit whatever you want…seasonal, sympathy, whatever.
To finish I stamped the sentiment from Penny Black’s “heartfelt” set using Memento rich cocoa ink.




4 comments:

  1. Beautifully coloured! The colours are so warm! Thanks for sharing at PBSC:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful stamping on these beautiful cards Arlene - that certainly is a versatile stamp
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty. I love that watercolor technique. You definitely have mastered it as shown with this lovely creation! Thanks for sharing with us at Penny Black Saturday Challenge. ♥ Sue Kment

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful card! I love the colours you've chosen for this wonderful watercolouring! Thanks so much for joining us at PB Saturday August Challenge. Stay safe! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your patience while I moderate the comments!