Thursday, July 29

finishing up the new to me technique…


What better way to send a rose to a friend but with a card.
The base card is grey card stock with a layer of white card stock.
On more white card stock I made a background using Distress Oxide shabby shutters, seedless preserves, brushed corduroy, hickory smoke and kitch flamingo inks.
Next I ran that through the die cut machine with Tim Holtz “Roses” 3D embossing folder.
Over the tops of the image I smeared Hero Arts unicorn ink.
On another piece of white card stock I applied seedless preserves ink then die cut the sentiment from Impression Obsession and glued it to the front of the card.






2 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

Wow - a dramatic card Arlene - love how you have used this technique, and it's been wonderful watching how you have developed it in your cards
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

Nonni said...

Wow! What a blend of colors and that dry embossing looks amazing! The technique you used gave very dramatic looking results for a beautiful card. Thank you for joining us at Time Out!