Sunday, April 11

you...


Watercoloring with a stencil instead of a brush?
The base card is black card stock.
Next I prepared a piece of water color paper by spritzing it with water.
I applied Distress Inks wild honey, mermaid lagoon and candied apple to the Tim Holtz “Bouquet” stencil and applied it to the watercolor paper.
I smooshed it around a bit then carefully lifted off the stencil.
I allowed it to dry about a minute then spritzed it with more water.
Once it was dry I cut it to fit the base card and stamped the sentiment from MFT Stamps “All About You” using memento tuxedo black ink.
Using another piece of black card stock I die cut the rest of the sentiment using MFT Die-namics “All About You” die and glue dotted it to the card front.



2 comments:

  1. What a stunning card Arlene- love the vibrant colours contrasted with the black. What a fascinating technique and great results.
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine
    p.s. I am playing catch up with commenting, so may miss a few posts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! such a vibrant, exciting card. I've never dared do this technique, looks great fun. Thanks for joining us at Happy Little Stampers Watercolour Challenge. Caz. DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your patience while I moderate the comments!