Monday, March 8

loved ones...

and

A new technique to me...
When I try something new I love to have a video to lead me.
For my card I have a white card stock base card.
On watercolor paper to fir the card front I masked off a strip.
After die cutting the flowers with Penny Black “Field of Dreams” die I wet the piece and colored it with Arteza markers then made the background on the strip.
Next I used the die cut and watercolored it with the markers, dried it with a heat tool then glued it to the card front.
To finish I stamped the sentiment from Penny Black’s “Heartfelt” using Memento tuxedo black ink.
This piece I taped to the base card.





7 comments:

  1. I LOVE the watery poppies on your background strip, Arlene! Such a pretty backdrop for these gorgeous red poppies! Thanks so much for sharing in our birthday celebration at CAS Mix Up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh those poppies! I love the print - So pretty! Thanks for playing along at CAS Mix Up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. STUNNING card Arlene! I LOVE your beautiful poppies. The printed strip is a gorgeous piece of art! Love it all on a black base to add lots of contrast and drama. Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous die cut print making panel and beautiful die cut poppies. So pleased Arlene that you joined us at CAS Mix Up. Hugs...Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! This is an amazing card using the technique. I love the way those prints look behind the diecuts...gorgeous. It's a wonderful addition to the CAS Mix Up gallery. Look forward to seeing your creations there again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW wonderful card, great layout and I love your poppies.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Beautiful results with the prining and a stunning card! Thanks for joining us at PBSC and CAS Mix Up:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your patience while I moderate the comments!