Thursday, March 4

hey there cupcake...

and

It’s great when I get stuck making the same type of card with the same supplies as I am able to find different ways to incorporate them.
In the case of this card I found I could use the same paper pack that I used in my last posting.
AND I found I am able to use patterned papers that I bought to make scrapbooks, gave up on that, for cards.
Just use parts of the main images on the paper.
It also helps that I am making slim line cards with more space to begin with.
The base card is dark brown card stock.Using a die from Sunny Studios “Slimline Scalloped Frame” I die cut the next layer of mint card stock.
I applied a layer of white card stock.
Next I die cut the cupcakes from patterned paper from YEARS ago using a die from 
MFT Die-namics “Stitched Square STAX”.
To finish I die cut more of the mint card stock using MFT Die-namics “Hey There Cupcake” die and glued them to the card front.


10 comments:

  1. Great card and who doesn't love a cupcake thanks for joining us at Cardz 4 Galz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness....I love your card! Your paper choice was PERFECT! And now, I so want a cupcake! Thanks for playing with us at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What amazing paper Arlene - it looks almost three dimensional - fabulous choice to use the mint coloured cardstock with it!
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the brown and the pastel green together. I fancy a cupcake now. Thanks for joining us at Cardz4galz. Love Dawn x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute card! Sorry to hear you've given up on scrapbooking but glad you're still using your great collection of papers! Thanks for sharing with AHSC.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love those close up cupcakes! Looks like they are just about to get eaten :) I keep seeing lots of wonderful scalloped frame dies for slim line and I think it adds so much to your card. Thank you for joining us at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous, I love your interpretation of the sketch! Thanks for playing along with Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge (AHSC).

    Brandi R.
    DT member AHSC
    crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! Looks like a real cupcake! Thank you for joining us at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow!!! Yummy Card ~ Thanks for joining us at AHSC ~ we sure hope to see you back ~ Denise DT ~ chezmoicreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW!!! such a Yummy Card ~ Thanks for joining us at AHSC ~ we sure hope to see you back ~ Denise DT ~ chezmoicreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your patience while I moderate the comments!