Wednesday, March 3

favorite stories...

 

At first when I was asked to guest design for this challenge I though...oh, no all I do is cards!
But then I remembered that a tag can be turned into a bookmark.
So here I am making a book mark for my favorite guy...my hubby.
The bookmark is kraft card stock that I die cut using a ie from MFT Die-namics “Stitched Traditional Tag STAX” and I punched the hole for the threads with a 1/4” circle punch.
On white card stock I stamped the sentiment from MFT Stamps “Our Story”, and images from that set and MFT Stamps “Old Friends”using masks and Memento tuxedo black ink.
Next I colored it with Copic markers and trimmed it out with a craft knife and self healing mat.
After trimming everything I glued them to the front of the bookmark.
To finish I threaded the bookmark with threads from American Crafts.

I hope you will try making a “non-card” for this challenge and join me.


9 comments:

  1. Totally rocked it Arlene! Thanks so much for guesting with us at The Male Room.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet tag/bookmark! The image is adorable, I really like it :-)
    Kind regards, Majda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic bookmark! Thanks for playing at The Male Room Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous "not a card" make, and yes I guess greatminds think alike ;-) hehe

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have never thought to make a bookmark from a tag!! I will try that now! It’s a fantastic bookmark. Thanks so much for guest designing with us at The Male Room. X

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on your GDT and I LOVE that bookmark, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great bookmark Arlene - love it!! The sentiment really 'makes' it, in my humble opinion. Congratulations on your Guest DT spot
    stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your bookmark - he looks like a great character!

    Great to have you with us as a GDT at The Male Room.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the inspiration - I had to take that idea from you. Great bookmark. I am sure your favorite person will greatly appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your patience while I moderate the comments!