Wednesday, January 20

perking me up...

 
and


When I first saw this image I wondered why a little girl would drink coffee.
Then it hit me...she is bringing me my coffee!
The base card is cream card stock with brown flecks through it.
On kraft card stock I stenciled coffee beans using Distress oxide gathered twigs ink and Jaded Blossom “Coffee Bean Stencil” then trimmed it and applied it to the card as per the sketch.
Using Memento rich cocoa ink and a sentiment from MFT Stamps “Grande-sized Love” I stamped it as per the sketch.
On white card stock I stamped the image from the same set with the same ink and colored it with Copic markers.
This I trimmed out and applied to the card front with foam tape.






3 comments:

  1. I love your strips of coffee beans for the part background, a great idea. of course the little girl is only bringing you the hot paper cup of coffee! Ha Ha. Thanks for sharing your work of art with us at Cardz 4 Galz. Caz. DT.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's so cute! And the coffee beans in the background are just perfect for her! Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute - love that you thought about why the girl has coffee - never crossed my mind - but I like your answer. Thanks so much for joining us at Cardz 4 Galz xx Lynda DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your patience while I moderate the comments!