Saturday, September 19

trees...

 


If you saw our average you would know why I LOVE trees.

The card on the left in the picture is a card I make every year for MY birthday in September.
No I don’t give it to myself but I work with what I like.
The base card is white linen card stock.
On watercolor paper I stamped the trees from Picket Fence Studios “Watercolor Trees and Bushes”with Versamark ink and heat embossed them with white embossing powder.
Next I covered the paper with water and puffed Ken Oliver Color Burst “Autumn Leaves “ set of three.
To make the background I wanted I also applied water with a brush.
Once dry I stamps the sentiment from the same set with Memento rich cocoa ink.
This is my birthday card.

The card on the right is a grey card stock base card.
On a piece of white car stock I made a background with Distress inks black soot, wilted violet and twisted citron.
Once this was dry I stamped the trees from Picket Fence Studios “Watercolor Trees and Bushes” with Memento tuxedo black ink.
This I trimmed and layered with black card stock and applied to the base card.
On black card stock I stamped the sentiment from Picket Fence Studios “Inappropriate Christmas” using Versamark ink  then heat set it with clear embossing powder.
To finish I applied it to the bottom of the card.
This is a Halloween card.



4 comments:

  1. Both of these are awesome, Arlene! I LOVE your birthday card with that awesome watercolor background! Happy birthday by the way! The second card is equally as lovely with the pretty colors in the background! That is a wonderful stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are both so dramatic and elegant, Arlene ... two fabulous seasonal cards! The white embossed trees really pop against the rich autumnal browns on your own birthday card (Happy Birthday!) ... and the softness of the background colour is such a great contrast to the black silhouettes on your Christmas card! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Twofer! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've created too very stunning backgrounds for your cards, Arlene! I keep staring at them and feel like I can get lost in the moods. I love trees, too, and love that you make yourself a tree birthday card in September! Your Halloween card is incredible! Thank you so much for playing in Twofer Card Challenge #31! Keep well! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two gorgeous cards, Arlene! I love the backgrounds on both of them, and happy birthday this month to you! It is so cool how you used your trees as silhouettes and gave the backgrounds the glory. Thanks for joining in the fun with us at the Twofer Card Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your patience while I moderate the comments!