Wednesday, August 5

ombre smile...

and

On day four of the MFT Summer school I got to do an ombre card.
Since I don’t like doing ombre I figured I might skip school that day.
But I watched the video and saw letters embossed and colored on water color paper.
I didn’t have any large, open letter stamps so I used the next best thing...dies.
The base card is white card stock with layers of black, gold and white linen card stock.
I die cut the sentiment from water color paper with 
MFT Die-namics “Smile” die and colored it with Derwent Inktense pencil then floating the color to achieve the ombre effect.
Once dry I glue these to the card front.
Next I stamped the sentiment from MFT “All Smiles”onto black card stock using Versamark ink and then heat embossing it with white embossing powder.
To finish i die cut the sentiment using a die from 
MFT Die-namics “Rectangle Word Window Frame” and foam taped it to the card front.


6 comments:

  1. A highly effective CAS card. I love the yellow ombre
    Claire
    Mrs H's Crafty Corner

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful ombre card. Thank you for the beautiful comment in the blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is lovely! Really effective with that yellow ombre. Thank you for joining us at The Male Room - Charlotte/Lady Joyful, DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really effective way you used the sentiment and the ombre look. Thanks for joining us on our 7th birthday at The Male Room, Clarissa, DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the big bold ombre word and fresh color on your card. Thank you for joining us on our 7th birthday Birthday challenge at The Male Room.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful birthday card :-)) Thanks for joining us at Celebration at The Male Room challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your patience while I moderate the comments!