Tuesday, August 25

leaves...


While in a craft shop today I saw skeleton leaves and remembered I have a large collection of them at home. 
This lead me to the decision to used them up!
Starting with this sketch I made a kraft card stock base card.
The main piece is cream card stock with brown flecks through it that I applied, according to the sketch, brown card stock and a piece of cream card stock that I made into a background with Distress inks rusty hinge, spiced marmalade and gathered twigs.
Next I stamped the sentiment from Unity Stamp Co.’s “...a beauty all it’s own” with Memento rich cocoa ink.
To finish I glued two skeleton leaves to the front of the card.


3 comments:

  1. Beautiful! What a wonderful quote and I'm glad our sketch inspired you to both use up those leaves and create that rich marbled panel that shows them off to great effect. Thanks for sharing with us over at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous! I love the beautiful leaves and the distressed panel! The sentiment is perfect to showcase these leaves! So happy you joined us at The Paper Players this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! The colors are some of my favorites, and the leaves add just the right touch! Fall will be here before we know it! Thanks for sharing this with us at the Players and using my sketch this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your patience while I moderate the comments!