Saturday, August 22

Christmas Card Throwdown...August Technique


Some of you may also know this technique as “ghosting” which is the way I used it for this card with white ink.
The base card is white card stock with a layer of green card stock.
On the kraft card stock layer I stenciled the trees from Tim Holtz “Shifter Tree Layering Stencil” using Hero Arts unicorn white pigment ink.
I removed the stencil and shifted it slightly to the right then sponged Distress forest moss ink.
This I trimmed down and applied to the front of the card.
To finish I die cut a white and green card stock sentiment using a die from Stampin Up’s “Wondrous Wreath” set.
These I glued on top of each other slightly off to look like the stenciled trees.

4 comments:

  1. That looks awesome with those trees. You chose a great stencil for the technique.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Arlene Rose: Your technique card is fantastic! The ghosting on the stenciled trees is very subtle and the sentiment offset is narrow, too, so it's made your card have a very balanced layout in scale and ratios. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Elle est si moderne et originale cette carte Arlene! Biz

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your patience while I moderate the comments!