Tuesday, July 21

Christmas In July #4...

and

It’s time for Christmas B-I-N-G-O!!!
I chose the center line down the middle (distressed, Bugaboo image, twine) for the Catch the bug Challenge and the bottom row
(distressed element, anything but a floral, twine) for the Paper Craft Crew Challenge.
On white card stock I printed out the Bugaboo image “Candy Cane Stocking”.
This I taped to my light box and placed another piece of white card stock over it to color the parts I wanted with my Prismacolor pencils.
Next I used a makeup brush and a piece of plastic window screen with Distress antique linen & vintage photo inks to give the card the aged look.
The sentiment, unknown company, was stamped with StazOn timber brown ink.
I went around the edge of that and the red card stock layer with my distressing tool.
These I glued together then punched two small holes to thread the ends of the twine bow and tape them on the back.
The base card is kraft card stock with a layer of dark brown card stock and to that I foam taped the main piece.

What B-I-NG-O are you choosing?




6 comments:

  1. This is just beautiful. It really does look like an antique painting. So lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great technique and love the look of this gorgeous stocking. It has such a rustic look. Thanks for joining in the Catch the Bug Christmas in July BINGO celebration, Lisa Lynn DT.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW Arlene this is wonderful - love the way you have transferred and used the image - the colouring is stunning, as is your fabulous background. our really have achieved a genuine vintage look
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your coloring on this pretty card! Wonderful Christmas card! Thanks for joining us in the Christmas Crazy celebration at Catch the Bug!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing card. It has a vintage, yet rustic, feel to it. Great job using the light box. Don't think I've used mine in years. Thanks for playing along at Catch The Bug Christmas In July event. Bonnie GDT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the technique on your project!
    Thank you for joining in the fun in our Christmas in July at Catch the Bug!
    Hugs from Africa!
    OlgaB

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your patience while I moderate the comments!