Saturday, July 4

Christmas Card Throwdown ... July Sketch

and


Here we are with a sketch challenge and I’m thinking Christmas In July!
I have to have carols playing on pandora while I make my Christmas cards, how about you?
The base card is white card stock.
While following the sketch I applied red and kraft card stock strips.
Next a kraft card stock circle with MFT Die-a mics “Merry Christmas Circle Frame” cut from red card stock applied over the kraft circle.
On white card stock I stamped the elf from a Recollections Christmas stamp set using Gina K. Designs black amalgam ink and colored him with Copic markers.
To finish I trimmed him out and glued him to the card.
*Hint: To get a good look around the elf I used a black brush marker all the way around the edge!

Come join us for this fun challenge.

7 comments:

  1. What great use of the sketch Arlene, and a sweet wee elf - you have made a wonderful card
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my gosh that is so funny! I have that die cut and I have that image! I had both of them out but I put them back. I was not going to use both at the same time like you did. it was going to be one or the other. I love what you did! I may have to steal your idea some day if you don't mind!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This elf is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Arlene Rose: Hello, team-mate! Happy Independence Day! A small community near us had fireworks last night, so we braved the heat and went and saw the display! This afternoon I watched the 1776 old musical on the TCM channel, listened to the US Air Force Band Concert that was live-streamed on Facebook, and am now watching Top Gun. What a way to celebrate! Your card is very charming with your elf getting the focus! Spot-on sketch interpretation!

    ReplyDelete
  5. quel mignon petit elfe Arlene, c'est un amour de carte, biz

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this adorable elf, sitting in the circle!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your patience while I moderate the comments!