Wednesday, June 24

steampunk...

There is a Stampendous set that I saved for years in case I needed a steampunk card and now I get to use it!
The base card is pink card stock with a layer of grey card stock.
The background paper was made with water color paper that I crumpled then unfolded slightly.
Next I rubbed Distress spun sugar ink on the high points and spritzed them before I ironed the piece.
I repeated the technique with Distress pumice stone ink.
I used images from Stampendous’ “Steampunk Shoes” with Distress Archival hickory smoke & picked raspberry inks to stamp all over the front.
This I trimmed down and glued to the card front.

4 comments:

  1. Wow - loving this fabulous steampunk piece Arlene - that stamp set is amazing, and you have used it so well on this amazing card
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the color combo on this cards, along with the different textures. Thanks for playing with us at Cardz 4 Galz!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card - one of my favourite stamp sets too. The colours are just fab. Thanks so much for playing along with our Steampunk theme at Cardz 4 Galz, Deborah, DT.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the colours you've used. That splash of bright pink is very girlie. Thanks for joining us at Cardz4galz. Love Dawn x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your patience while I moderate the comments!