Thursday, May 7

simple watercolor...


and

What fun to make a simple water color card.
The base card is cream card stock with a layer of brown card stock.
From the another piece of the brown card stock I die cut the sentiment using Love Nicole’s “sentiments” set.
On a piece of watercolor paper I loaded the flowers from Stampers Anonymous “Flower Garden” sets with Distress inks ground espresso, walnut stain, fossilized amber, wild honey, crushed olive and peeled paint then spritzed them with water and stamped them to the paper.
I wanted to fill in the images so I took a water brush and floated the color from the stamped lines.

5 comments:

  1. This is beautiful! I'm addicted to water coloring right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of my favorite techniques to do with water colors! Beautiful card!

    Thank you for sharing your work in our Happy Little Stampers watercolor challenge & we hope you will join us again in the next HLS Challenge!.
    Anna – Design Team member at Happy Little Stampers

    Visit my blog - Crafty Anna Studio.
    You can also find me on Instagram - CraftyAnna Studio
    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful Arlene - I played with t=my watercolour crayons the other day and love the results - I may just try them on a stamp too - thanks for the inspiration
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty! I'm intrigued about the floating of the color from the stamped lines.
    Now I want to try my hand at water coloring! Thanks for sharing with us at Little Red Wagon this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful, sunflowers are one of my favorite flowers for card making, that technique is so fun to do.
    thank you for joining our challenge at HLS.
    Barb Housner

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your patience while I moderate the comments!