Saturday, April 11

a rose is a rose...

(Bleaching + Stamping + Heat embossing)
and

No bleach in my house which had me worried for the CAS Mix Up challenge until I read the fine print and saw that I could water color an image and remove the color with water!
The base card is white card stock.
On water color paper I stamped the Peddler’s Pack “Roses” stamp with Versamark ink and then heat embossed it with black embossing powder.
Next I water colored it with a deep layer of Distress ripe persimmon ink.
This reminds me of a wonderful rose I had in the garden of my old house and it was my favorite.
Next I used water and a brush to float off the color from sections of the rose.
Once dry I trimmed the piece and applied it to the card front.
To finish I stamped the sentiment from the Gina K. Designs “Layered Eucalyptus” set using Gina K. Designs black amalgam ink.





7 comments:

  1. Love this dramatic card Arlene - that rose is a stunner - not just the stamp but how you have coloured it.
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful rose, Arlene! I love how you've added shading by "bleaching" out some of the color! Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a stunning card! Love the gorgeous flower! Thanks for playing along with CAS on Friday Challenges! Crafty hugs Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very beautiful rose! It looks vintage but your design is so modern:) Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh the drama! Bravo!! love your card! Thanks for playing along at CAS on Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing card Arlene! I LOVE this gorgeous image and the colour you've used. The "bleached effect looks awesome. Love the off-the-edge design. Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is stunning! What a beautiful rose, the bleaching looks really cool and I love that you've placed it off the edge. Thank you for playing along with the CAS Mix Up challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your patience while I moderate the comments!