Sunday, March 1

sunlit...


Altenew is a company from my state of New York.
Last Autumn I purchased a few wonderful images from them but today is the first time I used this set!
The base card is white card stock with a layer of grey card stock.
The sun rays were made on a piece of white card stock using Tim Holtz “Rays” stencil and Distress Oxide mustard seed spray .
This I applied to the base card then on another piece of white card stock I stamped the images from Altenew “Build-A-Flower” : Cattleya” with Gina K. Designs slate ink.
I only have a few Altenew inks and they didn’t match the challenge colors so I went with the following Gina K. Designs inks...
Flower-tranquil teal, blue lagoon & sea glass
Stems & leaf-fresh asparagus, apple mint & jelly bean green
Next I die cut the flower with the coordinating die and glued it to the card front.
To finish I stamped one of the sentiments from Altenew “Floral Frame” set with the Gina K. Designs ink.


2 comments:

  1. Yay for using your NBUS! I love the contrast of the beautiful flower with the graphic sunrays. And your use of color totally represents the TO inspiration photo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful card Arlene - love how you have used the flowers, and the background is a fabulous creation to show case the flowers
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your patience while I moderate the comments!