Tuesday, March 17

acrylic paint...


Acrylic Paint + Stamping + Heat Embossing
I cannot thank this challenge enough for making me dig through my supplies.
A while ago Hobby Lobby had on clearance Tim Holtz Distress paints...so I bought all the different colors they had!
When I went to see if they were acrylic, they are, I found at least a dozen unopened paints.
Now I am going to use them.
The base card is white linen card stock.
The main piece is water color paper that I stamped the flower from Tim Holtz clear “Flower Garden” set using Versamark ink and heat embossed it with clear embossing powder.
Next I used mowed lawn, spun sugar and seedless preserves Distress Paint to paint the image.
To try and get the stamping of the sentiment from Tim Holtz “Glorious Bouquet” set to match the painting I stamped it with Distress seedless preserves, spun sugar and picket fence inks.
This I applied to the base card.




4 comments:

  1. I'm so glad we inspired you to use the paints and what a gorgeous result too! Thanks for joining the fun at CAS Mix Up Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A wonderful card Arlene - that flower looks amazing
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy our challenge has inspired you to dig out those Distress Paints, Arlene! And what a beautiful card you have created! I love the shading you achieved with your beautiful flower. I can see each petal -- great work! Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing your gorgeous flower at CAS Mix Up, so soft and pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your patience while I moderate the comments!