Sunday, February 23

girly...



Feminine or girly is not my thing.
In fact I turn to my Tim Holtz collections, usually, for male stamping.
However I mixed in a die from My Favorite Things and there you have it girly!
The background was made with water color paper that I spritzed with water then spritzed with Distress Oxide Sprays wilted violet, picked raspberry and crushed olive.
This I dried with a heat tool spritzed with water and dried again.
The base card is white card stock.
The purple card stock layer was die cut wit a die from 
MFT Die-namics “Stitched Mini Scallop Rectangle STAX”.
The now dry inked piece I spritzed lightly on the back with water and ran through the Big Kick with the Tim Holtz 3D “Flourish” embossing folder.
I trimmed this to match the card and taped it down.
The sentiment from Tim Holtz “nature Cling” stamp set was stamped with Distress wilted violet ink onto white card stock and die cut with a smaller die from the MFT set.
To finish I had some of the inked piece leftover and die cut it with a die from Tim Holtz “Detailed Butterfly, Minis” and glued it to the card front.

4 comments:

  1. This is so beautiful, loving the pretty background and butterfly.
    Thanks so much for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty Butterfly creation and lovely rainbow background, thanks so much for sharing and joining in with our 'Make it Girly' theme at Allsorts challenge this week.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautifully coloured background Arlene - very feminine, and the soft mauve colour of the sentiment is perfect.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a lovely background for your design. Thank you for joining in with my "make it girly" challenge at Allsorts.
    Lynn x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your patience while I moderate the comments!