Wednesday, February 12

Distress Oxides...



Though I didn’t have a leaf that matched the cover of the book I decided any leaf I had would do!
The base card is mauve card stock that I crinkled around the edges then sponged with Distress Oxide inks in wilted violet, dusty concord gathered twigs and black soot.
On a piece of salmon colored card stock I sponged Distress oxide inks fired brick, fossilized amber, gathered twigs and ground espresso.
This piece I die cut with a VERY old Sizzix “Leaf #1, Large” die.
On the leaf I stamped small hearts using Stamps By Judith “Small Heart Peg” and Distress Oxide candied apple ink.
From black card stock I die cut the sentiment using MFT 
Die-namics “Sending Hugs” and glued it to the leaf.
To create the “monster” I stamped one of the images from MFT Stamps “Monster Sized” with Memento rich cocoa ink and painted it with Distress Oxide Inks fossilized amber, black soot and wilted violet.
To cut the monster I used the coordinating die.
To finish I glued the leaf and monster to the card front.

3 comments:

  1. What a cutie Arlene - and a wonderful card too
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Any would do... but this big oak leaf works the charm, A. Rose!
    Darling little monster... reminds me of the t-shirts I had printed for my kids: Little Monsters Need Love, too!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful blend of colours - the little monster is so cute - great interpretation of the book. Thanks for joining The Library.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your patience while I moderate the comments!