Friday, January 10

remembrance poppy...


Today I am working on shut in cards for May.
For me, May always makes me think of Memorial Day or Remembrance Day in other parts of the world.
My hubby, a Vietnam veteran, always buys or sells poppies.
Using Sizzix “Framelits Triangle” dies I cut two of the largest with black card stock and two of the next size down from white card stock.
I used this as it doesn’t take up much space on a bedside table in assisted living.
On the black triangle for the back I scored 1/4” down from the top and applied glue to glue it to the front black triangle.
Inside I taped the plain white triangle.
To the other white triangle I stamped a sentiment from Stampin’ Up’s “Mixed Greetings” and an image from Stampin’ Up’s “Oh, So Lovely”  with Memento tuxedo black ink.
These I colored with Copic (C9, R37, R39, YG97, YG99) markers and glued it to the front of the card.


3 comments:

  1. What a great card Arlene - love that you thought about the fact that there is limited space to display a card, and used a wonderfully unique shape to accommodate it. The poppies are so delicate and look perfect on the small card
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful CAS card here Arlene! I love the clever shape and the flowers are so pretty and delicate looking. Thanks for sharing with us over at 'The Flower Challenge' ;) Viv DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful CAS design and card Arlene. Another shape I now need to try. Thank you so much for joining us at The Flower Challenge and we hope to see you there again soon. Aileen DesignTeam

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your patience while I moderate the comments!