Friday, November 1

oxidized metal...


The CAS Mixup peeps were Sweet enough to offer me a guest designing spot after a recent win.
This really was a challenge for me as I don’t use embossing powders that often.
If you go to their blog you will find three links to instructions for Oxidized Metal, all better than instructions I can give.
Here, however, is what I used for what on my card.
The base card is white card stock.
The “metal” was made with a piece of silver metallic card stock from DCWV “Metallics” mat stack.
This I ran through the Big Shot with Cuttlebug mustache embossing folder.
The rest of the “ingredients” for the metal look were Versamark ink, gold embossing powder, silver embossing powder and StazOn jet black ink.
This I trimmed down and added a piece of lack card stock then taped it to the card front.
The “hello” was die cut from black card stock using MFT Die-namics “hello” and glued to the card front.
To finish I stamped the sentiment from MFT Stamps “Raving Racoons” with the StazOn jet black ink.
I made this card a my hubby has a wonderful mustache!


11 comments:

  1. Fantastic masculine card Arlene! Love the embossed mustashes ... so perfect for Movember. Great work with the oxidized metal. Thanks so much for being our Guest Designer this month at CAS Mix Up! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful card for your hubby, Arlene! You picked up this technique so quickly and perfectly! Thanks so much for the inspiration and for being our Guest Designer this month!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those moustaches! Great job with technique and fabulous Masculine card:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. A terrific card for your husband!! Many thanks for joining us this month!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this masculine card. Movember at its best. A magical piece. Thank you so much for being our special guest, truly an awesome card. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your texture from all your mixed media products, black, brown and white color combo and sentiment. All perfect for the challenge. Congratulations Arlene for being chosen Guest Designer for the month. Hugs..Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous masculine card, Arlene! I wonder which shape of mustache is your husbands. :-) Great results with the oxidized metal technique. Thanks so much for being our Guest Designer this month!
    Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your card is perfect for the challenge and I love that it is masculine. Thanks for being our Guest Designer at CAS Mix Up Arlene wonderful to have you with us.

    ReplyDelete
  9. DH is going to love it. What a stunning masculine card with a fabulous technique. Thank you for the wonderful inspiration x.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This looks so cool. Fab texture and a great effect from the oxidised metal effect. It's great to have you as our GD this month xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great design using this fun technique - perfect for the guys!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your patience while I moderate the comments!