Sunday, October 13

with help from my granddaughter...

and

We were lucky enough to have our favorite girl here last week while she was off from school.
Her favorite thing to do is paint with water colors when she comes and though she is only 4, I love what she does.
In this case she wanted to make more backgrounds for challenges as she had helped me once before.
I told her to play with gold and black, they should show up at some time in the future.
The base card is white card stock with layers from the colors for the challenge.
The leaves were made with leaves from the tree in front of our house that I sponged with Distress Oxide black soot ink and laid on her painting background.
Once dry I trimmed them out and glued them to the base card.
To finish I used the gold card stock with Catherine Pooler’s 
“Thankful” die and glued it to the card front.



6 comments:

  1. Love how you have collaborated with your grand daughter to make this beautiful card Arlene.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card! The black, white and yellow colour combination looks so elegant 😁. Thanks so much for joining the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge! Creative wishes, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this is so stunning - so simple but so perfect - love the shading on the leaf! Thanks so much for playing at Sunday Stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the paper leaf and painting and I love the perfect simplicity of your card design..beautiful.

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous! I love the shading on the leaf and the way you used the color combo! SO happy you joined us at Sunday Stamps! XX

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, the texture on your leaves is really great! I love the black and yellow colors to help give the aged look. Thanks for joining Sunday Stamps.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your patience while I moderate the comments!