Tuesday, October 15

breast cancer awareness...


Please to the men and women I know do your self exams.
I have found out lately that more men are having mastectomies.
While a nurse over forty years ago I took care of a man who had to have one.
He was unable to be on the gynecology floor, where I worked, but was on the medical floor and I was floated over to care for him.
As my card states “Life Takes Bravery”.
 So get those mammograms and do your self exams!
The base card is white card stock with a layer of black card stock.
The main piece is water color paper that I embossed with Penny Black’s “field of dreams” die.
Next I used Distress inks picked raspberry and bundled sage to water color the flower and stems.
Once dry I stamped the sentiment from Momenta’s set #0005703 using Distress Archival black soot ink.
Next I loaded a water color brush with the picked raspberry ink and water before flicking it onto the main piece.
Finally I taped it to the black card stock when it was dry.



4 comments:

  1. Such a well written post to get that message across.

    Your card is beautiful, a super watercolour effect and perfect for our 'Pretty in Pink' theme at Penny Black and More, my thanks for joining in.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a stunning card Arlene - love the way you have painted the flowers. Yes, life takes bravery and courage!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely delicate image and a really super background and sentiment. Thank you for joining our 'Pretty in Pink' challenge at Penny Black and More.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous creation with a very important message, thanks for joining Penny Black & More @ Allsorts challenge, good luck.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your patience while I moderate the comments!