Friday, September 27

butterfly blues...

and

Though my thrill this time of year are monarch butterflies, the challenges I chose were definitely blue inspired.
The base card is dark grey card stock with a layer of light grey and black card stocks.
the main piece os white card stock that I stenciled the American Traditional Stencil “Swallowtail Butterfly” using Distress inks blueprint sketch, peacock feathers and black soot.
Using Stampin’ Up’s “Inspired by Nature” stamp and Distress hickory smoke ink, I masked the butterfly and added the grass.
To finish I used The Crafter’s Workshop stencil (unknown name) with the hickory smoke ink to stencil in the lower grassy area.



2 comments:

  1. WOW - this is a real beauty Arlene - love it.
    We have got monarchs flying around already, which is incredibly early!! The result I think of a mild winter. Just hope there are enough feed/breeding plants already established!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning butterfly! Love the color choice. Thanks for joining us at ATSM.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your patience while I moderate the comments!