Saturday, August 3

non-glittery paint...


It’s a sickness that I cannot walk past a clearance item without purchasing it to try something new.
Recently I purchased Recollections “glitter” paint.
On the white card stock piece of my card I stamped the image from Newton’s Nook “Poinsettia Blooms” with StazOn jet black ink.
Also on the front I stamped the sentiment from Stampin’ Up’s “Good Greetings”.
Next I pulled out the “glitter” paint and stirred it up according to the directions.
Then I painted...some beautiful colors...but no glitter.
I waited until it dried...still no glitter.
To salvage the piece I applied JudiKins “Diamond Glaze” to the flowers and leaves and while it was wet I used my Tim Holtz “Glitter Duster” with Distress Glitter “Clear Rock Candy”...that worked.
So now I have the glitter for the challenge on my card I finished by painting the berries with Wink of StellaGlitter Clear pen and the tiny leaves with American Crafts “metallic gold” pen.

Have I learned my lesson about clearance items...no!
I still love the colors of the paint and will use them on something that does not require glitter.


6 comments:

  1. That's a bummer to have glitter paint with no glitter, Arlene! Sometimes clearance items are a good deal, sometimes not. But you salvaged this pretty poinsettia with some alternative glitter and it's so pretty! I love how the sentiment tucks into the floral spray! Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so disappointing tht there was no glitter in the paint. But, you have saved the day with your adds of glitter on top. Your card is gorgeous and glittery! This image is so beautiful, and I agree that the paint colours are fantastic, so not a total loss. Beautiful card Arlene! Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How frustrating that you ended up with no glitter in the glitter paint - but a great and creative 'save' on this gorgeous card Arlene
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think this is gorgeous with or without the glitter, gorgeous CAS design.xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well wonderful glitter salvage, great idea in adding it after. so frustrating that the product wasn't as advertised. Beautiful card and thanks for sharing it with us at CAS Christmas :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just love your shimmery poinsettias, Arlene - gorgeous coloring and I love the font on the sentiment too! Boo to the bad paint - you saved it beautifully!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your patience while I moderate the comments!