Sunday, August 25

mixing colors...


For this challenge I really wanted to use my Distress Oxides but I have a limited supply.
Then I remembered art class and hw we could mix colors to achieve different tones.
The base card is water color card paper and using Gina K’s floral stencil, make up brushes and Distress Oxide mustard seed and dust concord inks I made the image on the side of the card.
After dropping a few water droplets  blotted them off with a paper towel.
On another piece the paper I applied Distress Oxide dusty clover and chipped sapphire to get a darker tone of the purple that would match the “gorgeous grape”.
From this piece I die cut the “Thanks” from Divinity Designs “Thanks For Everything” set, glued it to the card front and then stamped the sentiment from the same set with the Distress Oxide dusty concord.


5 comments:

  1. What a beautiful CAS card! Love your design and great take on the color sketch. Thanks so much for joining us this week at CC&S!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW - love how you have used the colours on this fabulous CAS card Arlene - and how you improvised to get the third colour!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely use of this week's colors, thanks for playing along with us at CC&S

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card! Love the softness from stenciling - and an awesome job making the color you needed! Thank you for joining us at CC&S!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your patience while I moderate the comments!