Tuesday, July 9

water volley ball...


Well, when you don’t have sports stamps you need to compromise as I did with this card.
The card is white card stock.
Using an otter (that looks like he is going for a jump shot) from MFT Stamps “Otterly Love You” and the MFT Mix-ables  “Make Waves” stencil I stamped him with Gina K amalgam ink as if he were coming out of the water.
I stamped it again on a post it note and made a mask.
With Distress mermaid lagoon & salty ocean inks, straight mask, the waves stencil and a makeup brush to make the waves.
Keeping the mask for the straight edge but moving it onto the waves and keeping the mask on the otter I used the make up brush to apply Distress faded jeans ink over the MFT Mix-ables “Cloud”.
I colored the otter with Darice Studio 71 markers and stamped the verse from MFT Stamps “Jumping for Joy” set with the Gina K ink.
To finish on another piece of white card stock I stamped the ball from MFT Stamps “Fun in the Sun” set and colored it with the Darice markers before trimming it out and applying it with a foam dot.


4 comments:

  1. Awesome background you created and the little guy is so adorable! Perfect sentiment! Thanks for playing along with the theme challenge this week over at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an absolutely delightful card Arlene - so innovative and beautifully executed
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, this is so cute! Your clever creation is a great way to use your stamps in an out-of-the-box way! That little otter just melts my heart! Thanks for sharing this with us at the Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Arlene I think your card is less about compromise and all about a creative use of stamps - so cute! Love your sponged and stenciled background too - amazing! Thanks for sharing with us over at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your patience while I moderate the comments!