Sunday, July 7

maxi white space...


The minute I saw the “maxi white space” I knew I wanted to do a negative image card.
First I cut the front piece of white card stock and placed it over the base card to decide where to die cut the tree using MFT Die-namics “tree die from “Jingle All the Way”.
Using the die cut piece as a guide I stamped the tree from MFT Stamps “Jingle All The Way” with Gina K amalgam ink and colored with Chameleon pens.
I will be honest at this point I stamped the first tree with StazOn jet black ink and when I colored it with the Chameleon pens the black bled.
This from an experienced stamper who should know better!!!
Before foam taping the front piece I stamped the verse from MFT Stamps “Birdie Brown Greetings Galore” with the Gina K ink.



4 comments:

  1. Absolutely stunning Arlene - love it. You inspired me to make a card using a negative die cut yesterday! Thank you.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning! Love the negative die cut window with the simple but perfect little tree peeping through. Thanks for playing at AAA Cards, hope to see you join in with future challenges too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the idea of the negative die cut on such a clean and simple card... it adds just a touch of "something more" without being overwhelming. Thanks for playing along with us at AAA Cards!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, Such a gorgeous CAS card! Love it so much! Thanks for joining AAA Cards! Hugs Åsa

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your patience while I moderate the comments!