Monday, July 8

last of the butterflies...



There just isn’t enough time to get all the holiday cards done that I need so I will be using the challenges that I am entering at the moment to get them done!
The base card is cream card stock with a layer of kraft card stock.
The rusty card stock I die cut using a flower from Tim Holtz “Wildflower Stems #2” and stamped it with a “happy fall” (unknown company) stamp using StazOn timber brown ink.
The butterflies (Tim Holtz “Detailed Butterflies, Mini”) were made by using a piece of water color paper and some water colors and floating them on then heat tool drying the piece, I’m so impatient.
Then I cut out the under butterfly from the water color piece and the over butterfly from kraft card stock and glue dotted them to the main card.



4 comments:

  1. this is gorgeous Arlene - love the pop of colour behind the butterflies, and the lovely negative die cut in the kraft layer!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful card! Thanks for joining us at Happy Little Stampers Watercolor Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful autumn card. I think it will be perfect for some nice guy :-)
    Thank you for joining our game at HLS Watercolor.
    Bożena DT HLS

    ReplyDelete
  4. A stunning and elegant card, Arlene! I love the silhouette behind your beautiful butterflies! Great colour choices! Thanks so much for joining us at Happy Little Stampers Watercolour Challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your patience while I moderate the comments!