Thursday, June 6

Summer dreams...


My idea of sweet Summer dreams would be to sit on the beach in the early morning,  when the gulls are just waking up and there is a slight coolness to the air.
I’d wrap myself in a oversized robe and grab a cup of coffee, before placing my hat on my head to head out to the sound of the waves gently moving in.
This card is white linen card stock which I stamped with a verse from Stampin’ Up’s “From The Herd” and an image from Stampin’ Up’s “Sketches” using Gina K amalgam ink.
I also made a ask with a post it note to cover the image before stenciling with Distress stormy sky and gathered twigs ink, The Crafter’s Workshop “Mini Fence Frame” stencil and my makeup brushes.


4 comments:

  1. This is simple yet the scene just "says it all" for a peaceful summer setting! LOVE this card! Thanks so much for joining us at Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a relaxing scene..perfect for the challenge! Thanks for joining us at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card with it's simplicity and soft background evokes such a feeling of peace. leaving your image uncolored adds to the effect. Summer isn't always fun in the sun. One of my favorite times of day is sitting on the deck listening to the waves and watching the gulls.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Clean and simple perfection! Like Hansi said, I love how you left the image uncolored against this beautiful background. This card definitely evokes the feeling of a relaxing summer vacation spent on the beach. Thank you for sharing with The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your patience while I moderate the comments!