Tuesday, June 11

just bee-cause and hap-bee Spring...


Normally I use a smaller image n my blog but I am starting to think the larger image is better to show the cards?
The first card, just because, is a black card stock base card with a layer of kraft card stock that came with the embossed squares.
On white card stock I stamped the verse from Mama Elephants “SCO766” stamped with Gina K amalgam ink.
This I layered onto a black card stock strip and applied to the card front.
The bees, spoon and cup are from Honeybee Stamps “Tea Time” and “free bee” stamped with the Gina K ink and colored with Distress markers hickory smoke, fossilized amber and tea dye then die cut with the coordinating dies and glue dotted to the card front.
The second card, Happy Spring, is kraft card stock with the honeycomb from Tim Holtz “honeycomb” stencil sponged with Distress mustard seed ink to the corner then an embossed line added.
The bees from the Honeybee Stamps “free bee” set were stamped with Gina K amalgam ink and colored with Distress Markers tea dye and mustard seed and die cut with the coordinating die.
the verse from Impression Obsessions “In A Garden” was stamped with the Gina K ink then the bees were glued on.




6 comments:

  1. Wonderful cards. I love the bees pouring the honey off the spoon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done with your charming bee cards, Arlene! Nothing like a cup of tea with honey to help us spread happiness wherever we go! And I love the diagonal design on your second card with the golden honeycomb and lovely quote! Thank you so much for playing in Twofer Card Challenge #17! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving these bee cards Arlene - and yes, I do like the larger photos... maybe the eyes are getting older too :(.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Darling cards, Arlene! I happened to see these first on FB, and was going to suggest you should pop these cuties into the Twofer Challenge. Then, after a long sip of coffee, I checked the Twofer, and there you were! I was "bee-lighted" to see these in the gallery. I love everything about your cards, but especially how your bees are stirring honey into the tea cup! That's so creative and fun! And your happy Spring card is simply lovely. Such a wonderful design, and the honeycomb background is fabulous. Your ink colors really pack a punch, too. Thank you so much for joining us at the Twofer Challenge! Bev

    ReplyDelete
  5. What delightful designs, Arlene! That first one with the bees stirring the honey into the tisane is so cute ... and the honeycomb stencilling on the second is perfect with the trio of bees buzzing round the sentiment! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Twofer! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your cards are beautiful, and I personally love the big photos -- I can admire so much more detail! Great entrees!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your patience while I moderate the comments!