Friday, June 14

blues...


Though black and white were free for this challenge I decided to use them as my neutrals.
On water color paper I scribbled a bunch of blue Lyra water color crayons and then smeared them with water and a water color brush.
I can’t wait for natural drying so I heat tooled it!
Next I die cut the paper with Tim Holtz’s “Umbrella Man” die.
I like the steel dies to cut the water color paper as I get a cleaner cut.
Now to start layering...blue card stock base card with a black layer.
Next the white card stock layer run through the BigKick with Parklane “Clouds” embossing folder.
On that folder I glue the umbrella man and then stamp the verse from Just Rite stamps “Fancy Tags” with StazOn jet black ink.



8 comments:

  1. Love how you coloured your paper for the die cut on this stunning card Arlene - I must get my crayons out again - you have inspired me!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Love the look you created! You did a great job and used the color well. Thanks for sharing at Color My Heart Color Dare.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your personalize water coloring you did for the paper used for your silhouette...excellent idea. Thanks for sharing with us at Color Dare.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The embossed clouds are a perfect background for the man with the umbrella. Great watercoloring of the silhouette. Thanks for sharing with us at Colour Dare :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful card! I love the embossed clouds and watercolor silhouette! Thank you for joining us at Color Dare!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card! The watercolored paper is perfect for the die cut image. Nice embossed background, too. Thank you for joining in at Color Dare Challenge #347.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a lovely sympathy card. I feel the sadness of being left. Thank you for sharing at Color Dare.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loving the simplicity of this card. Beautiful design. Thank you for sharing your creation on the Color My Heart Color Dare blog. 💙☕MissC

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your patience while I moderate the comments!