Friday, May 17

dino blow out...

Though Last year was the granddaughter’s dinosaur party I think she will have fun with this card this year!
The base card is kraft card stock with a layer of black card stock.
The main piece os white card stock that I stamped the “long neck” from MFT Stamps “Delightful Dinosaurs” with StazOn jet black ink.
On another piece of craft paper I stamped the dino again, cut it out and applied Tombow Multi Mono Liquid Glue and allowed it to dry to make a mask.
After placing the mask on the dino I sponged the background with Distress inks.
Next I stamped the candles from Simon Says Stamp “Birthday Borders” and the dino “breath” with the swirl from MFT “Delightful Dinosaurs”.
I removed the mask and colored the dino with Arteza watercolor pencils, Gamsol and artist stumps.
I colored the candles with the same and then applied Wink Of Stella clear gloss to the flames.
The cake was made with white card stock sponged with Distress ink and edged with a black pen.
The letters for cake decoration was done by sponging more white card stock and die cutting the words with MFT Stamps “Happy Birthday”.
All this I glued to the front of the card. 


1 comment:

  1. Don't those cards that look so simple sometimes take so long - but this was worth every minute Arlene - it's stunning. Love your use of colour on this fascinating card.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your patience while I moderate the comments!