Friday, April 19

for my son...


For those of you who don’t know I have two sons.
My eldest is the father of my beautiful granddaughter.
My youngest, 39, has Down Syndrome.
He lives in a group home very near to us and we are able to enjoy his company, when he is not too busy with the home’s activities.
We are blessed that if anything should happen to us he has a “family” and normalcy to support him.
Every holiday I buy him paper and markers...lots of them.
He loves to draw and this tag will be going on his Easter bag of goodies!
The tag is made of zig zag card stock and I die cut a top and bottom using Paper Smooches larger frame from “Rose Frame”.
I taped them together and punched a hole in the top for the yellow Scrapper’s Floss to go through.
On the front of the tag I stamped the verse from Paper Smooches “Critter Card Puns” with Gina K amalgam ink.
On a piece of white linen card stock I stamped the bunny from Paper Smooches “A Little Lovin” with the same ink and colored the ears and nose with a fine line pink pen before trimming it with scissors and applying it to the front of the tag with glue dots.

Wishing everyone a very Happy Easter!


3 comments:

  1. What a sweet tag Arlene - and so sweet for your 'special' son. So good to know that he is settled and you don't need to 'worry' about his (long term) future
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a fun tag! I love the bright chevrons that seem to go perfectly with that PS bunny! I'm sure your son loved it too, and his Easter treats! Thanks for joining in the fun with us at Tag, You're It!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this goofy grin, hope your son enjoyed. Many thanks for joining us at Tag You're It Challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your patience while I moderate the comments!