Sunday, February 17

soup’s on...


Back to some mechanics in my cards!
The base card is red card stock with a white piece of card stock taped inside for writing.
The next layer is black card stock.
On the main piece, white card stock, using red/black check patterned paper I cut a piece to fit on the bottom with MFT Die-namics “Stitched Basic Edges”.
I applied that to the white main piece and cut through both with the long canal from MFT Stamps “Surd & Turf”.
Saving the inside piece from the checkered piece for later.
I took a fine line black marker and drew a line to represent the corner of the kistchen.
With the verse from MFT Stamps ”Recipe For Happiness”
I stamped it on the main piece with Gina K amalgam ink.
On another piece of white card stock I stamped the chef from the same set, using the same ink and colored him with Studio 71 markers before trimming him out.
Next I cut out two circles from white card stock and glued them to the MFT Replenishments oval plastic slider on one side.
I used temporary tape to hold the piece in place while I applied foam tape to the back of the main piece.
Before attaching that piece I glued the saved checkered piece under the area that the canal would be.
After applying the main piece I glued the chef to the front plastic piece in the canal and allowed it to dry before sliding it back and forth.



3 comments:

  1. A really super fun card, great image and sentiment and a really lovely background.
    Thank you for joining this weeks challenge at Allsorts.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute and how perfect for our Kitchen/Cooking/Baking theme at Allsorts challenge. Thank you so much for joining us this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous slider card, fun and fabulous!
    Thank you for sharing at Allsorts' Kitchen week;-))m

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your patience while I moderate the comments!