Tuesday, November 6

tags, tags, tags...

Inspired by Tracey McNeely
and

In the past my tags for my packages were white ages, bught at Staples, stamped with a small image and colored (maybe) with pencils or markers...NOT THIS YEAR!
Thanks to the 25 Days Of Christmas Tag Challenge on the following blog...
...which has given me the inscentive I’ve to make all my tags this year.
This is my tag for day 1 of the challenge.
I used Newton’s Nook Designs “Fancy Edges Tag Die” to cut out two white card stock tags.
Using my bone folder I scored 3/4” in from the tag end of one of the tags for the inside.
On the other tag I stamped the image from Stampingbella’s “The Littles Collection Snowball Girl” with StazOn jet black ink.
On a post-it note I also stamped the image and cut it out to use as a mask.
The image was colored with Prisma pencils.
Next I used Simon Says Stamps’s “Falling Snow” stencil with a mini Versamark pad to apply the ink, dip it in white embossing powder and heat emboss it.
Once it was cooled I placed it on my Tim Holtz glass mat and applied the mask and a piece of Washi tape before sponging it with Distress Oxide hickory smoke & faded jeans ink.
After removing the mask I dripped water on the inks and blotted them off with a paper towel..
To finish I added some black & white twine.

6 comments:

  1. What a fun tag. Love your coloring, too and that fun sky background. Thanks so much for playing along at the 25 Days of Christmas Tags.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a wonderful job with this tag!! It is colorful, fun, festive, and anyone would be thrilled to receive it!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your patience while I moderate the comments!